The Real Junk Food Project Sheffield is a rapidly growing social enterprise looking for an organised people/systems focused person to help wrestle some control over our multi-site operation with all it’s quirks and foibles, making sure we make the very best use of our resources.
Our social enterprise is predominantly logistics based, collecting and redistributing surplus food to our own business areas and to external customers. We run a 5000sq ft warehouse, 2 vans, 2 community cafes, a catering operation and a market. Alongside this we have an education program plus a team of 10 paid staff and 150+ volunteers keeping it all going.
You would be based in our Warehouse and HQ, and take responsibility for it’s day-to-day operation which will include:
Making sure we save as much food as we can
- Develop systems and strategies to ensure stock is managed in accordance with food safety and business requirements, while minimising waste
- Oversee the day-to-day processing of intercepts, stock and outgoing orders
- Act as a point of contact for suppliers who are working with us to avoid food waste
- Act as a point of contact for internal and external customers who use our food
Ensuring we make the best use of our logistics capacity
- Manage and develop our fleet and drivers and ensure their capability meets the needs of the business
- Plan our daily routes and incidental transport requirements
- Oversee and support the day-to-day work of volunteer drivers
Be the hub for the project and facilitate collaboration
- Manage and develop the systems (rotas etc.) we have to organise and coordinate our work across and between sites and teams
- Acting as key point of contact for general enquiries coming in to the project
- Support managers of other sites and activities in ensuring they have access to the volunteer capacity they need.
- Ensure we are meeting legal and legislative requirements across our work in terms of building upkeep, document management and data protection.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate and driven to make a difference
- Can plan resources and complex tasks (i.e. logistics, larger projects etc.)
- Has experience setting up and implementing new systems and processes
- Enjoys working with people, customers and team members, from different backgrounds and can get the most out of them
- Is an excellent problem solver, who can think on their feet
- Is a confident IT-user, in particular using google products (docs, sheets, forms, drawings etc).
- Is fit and capable of dealing with physically demanding tasks (i.e. lifting and shifting stock in the warehouse)
- Has a drivers licence
This is not your average job. Working for a small and growing business can be hard work but it’s also incredibly rewarding. You will have a lot of leeway to make the job your own and have a real input into how we work and grow. For the right candidate there is also the opportunity for this role to develop into a director position over time.
If you’re interested in applying please send a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the job and your CV to email@example.com by Friday 20th July 2018 5pm.
Salary, Hours and Benefits:
Salary: We pay all staff the Living Wage Foundation Living Wage, currently £8.75 per hour
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week
Days of work: Our warehouse operates Monday-Saturday so you would work 5 days across these days (mostly Tuesday-Saturday)
Holiday: 28 days
Benefits: We offer a company pension scheme, currently with Nest which you will be auto-enrolled in after a successful probation period. You will also have access to food in cafes and the warehouse for personal use.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Company: The Real Junk Food Project Sheffield
Reports to: Directors
Job Type: Full time, 40 hours per week
Closing Date: Friday 20th July, 5pm.